Our Admission Criteria
- The applicant must have a substance dependency problem, this includes alcohol, over the counter medication as well as prescription medication, and illegal drugs.
- Admission is available to all suitable persons irrespective of their race, ethnicity, culture, ideology, political or religious beliefs and language.
- We cater for forty (40) males who are 18 years old or above.
- We cater for people who are financially disadvantaged.
- Referrals by social workers or other professionals to be accompanied by psychosocial report, medical report and care plan for the client(no walk in patients).
- The person must be committed and motivated to receive treatment.
- Referrals from court (committals)..
- The applicant has to be admitted voluntary; in other words, a person must be willing and knowingly admit him/herself for rehabilitation treatment.
- The applicant has to be physically and mentally able to participate in the treatment program.
- Applicants having a dual diagnosis ( substance dependency and psychiatric problem) will only be admitted if their psychiatric condition is stable and a report is obtained from the attending psychiatrist.
Our programme runs for 6 weeks, it is a holistic programme consisting of individual counseling, group sessions, joint (family) sessions, medical sessions and detoxification.
We know that everyone's needs are different so our individual counseling is our way of getting to know and understand the individuals better and offer them a platform to disclose any related issue freely to our professionals. Our aim is to identify the root cause of the addiction in every individual so we can address it and together find ways to overcome it. We also address the emotional pain and all other problems that contribute to the patients addiction. Medical detoxification is one of the most important roles in the treatment programme and all patients have access to 24/7 medical assistance.
Our program also focuses on life skills, building the individuals and restoring all values that might have been lost due to the addiction. In our group sessions we give patients a platform to share their past experiences and progress with each other so as to motivate each other and learn from each others past experiences. We encourage our patients to partake in joint sessions especially with family because that is mostly where the strongest support lies. We also assist in formulating a relapse plan and do offer aftercare services to all our patients because it helps to prevent relapse.
- Care Plan IDP Form
- Criteria for Admission
- External Referral Form CW 04B
- FORM 5 - Particulars of Service User
- List of Requirements
- Medical Form
- Psychosocial report -REVIEW
- iThemba Clinic Rules
- Undertaking for Accommodation
Your interest in making a tax-deductible contribution to iThemba Clinic will provide much needed services and a gift, in any amount, is greatly appreciated.